Saturday, May 12, 2012

Greg is the egg man

...which, I suppose, makes me the walrus.

 The hubs knows an impressive number of our egg customers by name. Whenever I answer the door, they look surprised. Who is this woman? Where's Greg the Egg Man?

Our savvier customers know to ask for eggs even when the No Eggs Today sign is out. They have learned that chances are a dozen eggs are sitting on our counter waiting to have the gingrich washed off and be packaged.

"Hi! I know the sign says no eggs..."

 "Well, we haven't cleaned them yet..."

"That's okay! We had chickens when I was a kid. I'm used to dirty eggs."

 "Alright. Come on in."

 Who are our customers? Mostly people within about a half-mile of the house, whose routine includes walking/biking/driving down our street on their way to or from work or school or home, and who have seen the sign. Economically, our customers run the gamut from hoity-toity to street people. Most of them bring us empty cartons, so we have a good supply on hand. Jay, one of our customers, surprised us one day with a little something extra:


Goo-goo-ga-choo! I think we may have our new logo.

No comments: