Sunday, December 16, 2007

Turning the Corner

We had friends up from Berkeley visiting this weekend, so I only managed to squeeze in an hour or two in my bad little garden. It was cloudy, but the rain was still just threatening. Where before I had found Old Lady Schneitter's trash-burning area along the middle of the fence-line, where the long raised bed went in, the college students who subsequently lived at the New Vitality Homeland apparently preferred the back corner. As I ripped out more blackberry canes and ivy, I found soda cans, beer bottles, candy wrappers, and one flip-flop buried in the duff.I was a little too far from my original pile of detritus to huck it, so I lined everything up on the fence. And hey! I turned the corner and am now working my way east! 1/8th of the way there!

No comments: