Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Why I live here

While driving around The City today I saw a man hurrying to the Glen Park BART station, dressed as a banana. Kudos to you, my friend. I wouldn't have the nerve, even in this town, to spend the day dressed as a piece of fruit. The great thing about San Francisco? You can walk around town dressed like a banana and nobody says anything. Or (back this spring) a ballerina at an ATM. Or drag queens looking through a telescope at nebulae. You don't even need pants.

We have this race, the Bay To Breakers, where some people are running a footrace, and others are costumed (or naked) and drinking while they complete the course. My route that day took me right through the thick of it, and until I saw the barricades I didn't even realize something was up. All the wacky participants? Just another day in San Francisco.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I love this city. Where else can you go out sans pants? I ask you.